Frequently Asked Questions
1. What condition are your pieces in?
Our items are in excellent vintage condition. They do not suffer from any serious structural damage, but they may show varying signs of age and wear inherent to older, used pieces. We don’t overstate obvious signs of this such as minor chips, abrasions, patinas or dents, but we will do our best to bring up any details that may be of concern when purchasing.
2. Do you ship your merchandise? How much is shipping?
We do not offer shipping, but if you don’t already have a preferred transport company, we can put you in touch with several insured companies that specialize in fine arts and vintage pieces. They will be able to give you quotes for transport.
3. Do you accept returns or consignments?
No. All sales are final.
4. I’m not sure if a piece will be right for my space. Is there any way I can try it in the space before deciding to buy?
Yes. We do allow certain pieces to be taken out on approval. We do not charge for this, but we require a credit card authorization to be held in the event that the piece is lost or damaged. Once we’ve received your billing information, you are clear to send your transport company to collect the piece. Returns of damaged merchandise will not be accepted.
5. I’ve purchased some vintage lighting from your showroom. Do I need to have it rewired?
No. All of our lighting is newly rewired by our in-house restoration experts.
6. Is your lighting UL listed?
No. If this is a requirement for your space, we can put you in touch with a UL certified electrician who can perform the service.
7. I would like to purchase a ceiling fixture, but I need it to have a certain drop. Are you able to modify your fixtures?
This depends on the piece, but in most cases, yes we can. For fixtures suspended by chain, we can provide you with a specified amount of stock chain. For fixtures suspended via a simple stem, we may be able to shorten or lengthen the drop to some degree, based on its construction. A service fee for the modification will apply.
Terms & Conditions
- Payment Terms: Net amount of invoice in full prior to shipment of goods.
- All Sales Are Final: No refunds, credits, or exchanges.
- Services: Any services requested of John Salibello Inc. (J.S.) but purchaser and rendered by a business independent of J.S. including but not limited to restoration services, upholstery, fabric purchases, glass, mirrors, locksmiths and transportation, shall be the responsibility of the purchaser. J.S. is not responsible for any damage or delay caused by any third party pursuant to the request of the purchaser.
- Shipment: Terms are F.O.B. our warehouse. Method and route of shipment are at our discretion, unless the purchaser supplies explicit instructions. All shipping costs and insurance are at the purchaser's expense and risk.
- Taxes: The amount of all city, state, and federal sales, revenue, excise or other taxes applicable to the merchandise listed herein shall be added to the purchase price and shall be paid by the purchaser. A New York resale form (ST-120) must be completed and signed if taxes are not applicable.
- No Warranties: The merchandise is sold "as is", "where is", NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS. FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, USE OR OTHERWISE (EXCEPT AS TO TITLE) SHALL APPLY TO MERCHANDISE SOLD BY US. AND NO WAIVER, ALTERATION, OR MODIFICATION OFTHE FOREGOING CONDITIONS SHALL BE VALID UNLESS MADE IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY AN EXECUTIVE OFFICER OR OUR CORPORATION.
- Acceptance: Risk of Loss: Purchaser acknowledges that he/she has had a reasonable opportunity to inspect the merchandise. Acceptance of the merchandise shall be deemed to occur at our warehouse upon our putting the merchandise into the possession of the carrier. Risk of loss shall pass to the purchaser upon our putting the merchandise into the possession of the carrier.
- Our Right of Possession: We shall have the right in addition to all others we may possess, at any time, for credit reasons or because of purchasers default or defaults, to withhold shipment, in whole or in part, and to recall goods in transit, retake the same, and repossess all goods without the necessity of taking any other proceedings, and the purchaser consents that all merchandise so recalled, retaken or repossessed shall become our absolute property, provided that purchaser is given credit thereof.
- Uniform Commercial Code: No provision of this invoice shall be construed as limiting, in any manner, any of the rights or remedies available to us under the Uniform Commercial Code as in force and effect in the State of New York on the date of this invoice.
- Controlling Provisions: These terms and conditions shall supersede any provisions, terms, and conditions contained on any confirmation of order, or other writing the purchaser may give or receive, and the rights of the parties shall be governed exclusively by the provisions, terms and conditions hereof, except as may be agreed to in writing by the purchaser and us.